Retrieve Objects Owned By A User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieve Objects Owned By A User

Perry Chase wrote: > How do I retrieve the objects that a user owns in a clp? > I want to change the object owner for selected user profiles. is > there a way API, CMD, CLP, or RPG (ILE-Free) to retrieve this list in > a CL program? Perry, Simply perform a DSPOBJD command outputting to a physical file, then query the field ODOBOW looking for your user profile name. Bill

you can do this with DSPOBJD as bill posted above, but instead of using a query, i do a RCVF and read through the file. anything that is NOT (insert_name_here) I perform the command CHGOBJOWN to change the name to what i want. this keeps my packaged software to have only one name as an owner. of course, i dont run this over a client library. -bret myrick

Comment

You can use Qshell to do the same thing, even better. You can narrow it down to exactly what user you're looking for, or run wild card searches - see the example below. You'll need to create the physical file you want the output to go to first (a flat file maybe 100 - 200 characters long, depending on the length of the path you're going to search).
      Code

Comment

How do I retrieve the objects that a user owns in a clp? I want to change the object owner for selected user profiles. is there a way API, CMD, CLP, or RPG (ILE-Free) to retrieve this list in a CL program?

Comment

Working...
        X