Parameters within a job description request data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parameters within a job description request data

Try this: RQSDTA('CALL SPK100CL PARM(/home/spoke/callups/new/France /home/spoke/callups/extracted/France)') Dave

Hi Dave, I tried that and it joblogged with an 'Expression not allowed for parameter Parm' error. I always thought character parms needed to be included in single quotes to work

Comment

There is also the possiblility that the parameters are simply too long. From V1R1 forward, CL has always had a problem when a parameter was greater than 33 characters in length. It would interesting to call the program and dump the CL to see what the values are. Dave

Comment

I also suspect that the "parameters are too long" answer is correct. You could write a wrapper CL that calls the program with those parameters, and put a call to the wrapper in your job description.

Comment

I'm setting up a subsystem which has a set of autostart jobs defined for it. One of these jobs needs to call a program with 2 parameters. I've managed to figure out how to call the program, but I am struggling to configure the job description correctly. If I debug the job when it is running, neither parameter contains the correct value. The job description is as follows; RQSDTA('CALL SPK100CL PARM(''/home/spoke/callups/new/France'' ''/home/spoke/callups/extracted/France'')') I have tried removing the quotes in various combinations with no success. However, if I only pass the first parameter surrounded by single quotes ('), all works ok. How should I format the parms? Thanks in advance

Comment

I think I'm going to have to do something to get around this aren't I. Thanks for the help guys

Comment

S K Shipp wrote: > > > Try this: > > > > RQSDTA('CALL SPK100CL PARM(/home/spoke/callups/new/France /home/spoke/callups/extracted/France)') > Hi Dave, > > I tried that and it joblogged with an 'Expression not allowed for parameter Parm' error. > > I always thought character parms needed to be included in single quotes to work Character parms don't always need to be included in single quotes, but they do if they contain characters like / or spaces. Try the following - it would get around the "expression not allowed" problem. I don't know if there would also be a length problem... RQSDTA('CALL SPK100CL PARM(''/home/spoke/callups/new/France'' ''/home/spoke/callups/extracted/France'')')

Comment

Working...
              X