X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bypass record locked

Where is the SETGT to skip past the locked record? Chris

Bypass record locked

Chris, Thank you, I put SETGT after reading the locked record and it just do the trick. This routine will help the operation deals with message wait and the program being cancelled because of record lock. TIKI

Comment

Bypass record locked

tiki wrote: > > Chris, > Thank you, I put SETGT after reading the locked record and it just do the trick. This routine will help the operation deals with message wait and the program being cancelled because of record lock. TIKI, another way to skip a locked record is to do another READE without a lock, using the (N) extender.

Comment

Bypass record locked

How to check if record was locked in /free format (without indicator), my example above uses indicator. Thanks, TIKI

Comment

Bypass record locked

tiki wrote: > > How to check if record was locked in /free format (without indicator), my example above uses indicator. Use the (E) extender instead of the error indicator, and then test it with %error(). reade(e) ordKey ord100a; if %error(); locked#=locked# + 1;

Comment

Bypass record locked

I am writing a batch program that update a masterfile, however a record might be locked by a user. What I did was to read the record and if its used, bypass it and read the next record. When I tried to read the next record, the program indicated that it was also locked but in reality it was not, so the program treat all the succeeding records as locked. on CL I did an override: OVRDBF FILE(FILEX) WAITRCD(*IMMED). Any help will be appreciated. I also try monitor, on-error and the result still the same. TIA, TIKI
            Code

Comment

Bypass record locked

Note: The rules for locking are different if your job is running under commitment control. If the update operation changes a key field in an access path for which immediate maintenance is specified, the access path is updated if the high-level language allows it. (Some high-level languages do not allow changes to the key field in an update operation.) If you request a read operation on a record that is already locked for update and if your job is running under a commitment control level of *ALL or *CS (cursor stability), then you must wait until the record is released or the time specified by the WAITRCD parameter on the create file or override commands has been exceeded. If the WAITRCD time is exceeded without the lock being released, an exception is returned to your program and a message is sent to your job stating the file, member, relative record number, and the job which has the lock. If the job that is reading records is not running under a commitment control level of *ALL or *CS, the job is able to read a record that is locked for update.

Comment

Working...
              X