FTP ls command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP ls command

The output of the ls *.* (disk command will go to a file in the job's current library. If the current library is not set (*CRTDFT) then there isn't a current library, in which case... well I guess this is what happens with the ls command, no output! To set the current library use the CHGCURLIB command on the OS/400 command line or in FTP use the syscmd command. Tom D.

FTP ls command

Thanks Tom. I used CHGCURLIB to set QGPL as the current library before using the FTP command, but it still didn't populate LSOUTPUT. Then I tried using SYScmd in the FTP session but got an error message that I didn't have authority to use the command.

Comment

FTP ls command

Hi, I need to put the file names of all the .pdf files that are in a directory on another server into a file on the iSeries. This will need to happen in batch mode once a day. I found information on using the ls command in FTP to send the information to QGPL/LSOUTPUT and I'm trying to do it manually before I create the CL & script. I can log on and the command ls *.* (disk returns a message 226 Transfer complete, but QGPL/LSOUTPUT is empty. There is no other LSOUTOUT object on the system. If I enter the command with (disk or if I enter dir, I also get the transfer complete message but nothing is listed. When I try to change directory CD eath1path2 to get to the folder that has the pdf files, I get an error message that the directory name syntax is incorrect. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

FTP ls command

It sounds like a problem in the CD command. If your command is "CD eath1path2 ", then I don't think that will work. When you initiate the FTP session, you by default have access to the Home directory of the FTP site you have connected to. If Home directory is on drive e, then the CD command should simply be "cd path1path2". If the home directory is not on drive e, then I think maybe you can't get to the folder.

Comment

Working...
        X