subfile rrn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subfile rrn

16448 is the integer that corresponds to the value x'4040', and it often indicates that the field you are looking at has never been set to a valid value since the data structure has been cleared. When a binary field exists inside a data structure and the entire data structure is set to blanks (a fairly standard method of clearing the data structure), the binary fields get filled with blanks (x'40'). Joe

subfile rrn

Hi, I am trying to use the value of min_rrn(pos 378 379) for subfile infds to process the subfile positions. I have also defined a variabel in the display file corresponding to SFLRCDNBR(CURSOR). And, in my application set this variable to the When the data file has records it works fine. But, if there are no records, the initial value of min_rrn shows as something like 16448. The correspnding display var. is 4S. and gives a numeric error. I cannot increase the length of the DF var. Besides, why is the min_rrn set as this no. initially? How to resolve this. Please advise. Thanks. Regds,

Comment

subfile rrn

Thanks,Joe. But, this field is within the INFDS data structure so I understand that it is automatically set when the file is accessed, in this case the display file. Do I need to initialize the INFDS datastructure in my code? Regds,

Comment

Working...
      X