Retrieving data from multiple files.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving data from multiple files.

sherry02 wrote: > I'd like to retrieve data from multiple copies of the same file (each > day of the week new copy of the file was created). My users would > like to see data from all files "merged". What is the best way to do > it? When you say that there's a new copy for each day, is this a new name for each date, or is there just a monday, tuesday, wednesday type file that is overlaid? If it were the monday, tuesday, etc logic -and- you could change the logic to use members instead of separate files, you could likely use the OvrDBF command specifying *ALL members (you'd have to clear each member at the beginning of each week). If you have to stay with separate files then you could do it with an SQL UNION statement that would need to be re-built each time a new file was created. Bill

Retrieving data from multiple files.

I'd like to retrieve data from multiple copies of the same file (each day of the week new copy of the file was created). My users would like to see data from all files "merged". What is the best way to do it?

Comment

Working...
    X