read only reading 1st five records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• read only reading 1st five records

Do you know how to put the program into debug? If so, should be easy to find the problem. Also, are you updating the key? If so, is the new key reappearing in the read loop "downstream"? Chris

I should never have mentioned keys. I just wanted you to know that the data was different in some fields. You are looking at the program. There is no chains; therefore no need for keys. I have debugged. After the 1st 5 records, it starts reading the 1st record again instead of the 6th. I started out trying to read to *INLR on. That didn't work, so put in another indicator. The strangest thing I have ever seen. Really need to get this fixed. Any suggestions? Oh, and thank you so much for looking at this.

Comment

You say you don't care about keys in reading, but you have K in the F specs. Take that out. rd

Comment

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. Took out the K which I didn't even notice and it worked perfectly. When you copy programs and read what you want to read, you will get burned as I have.

Comment

You're welcome, Nancy. Glad I could help. rd

Comment

I am trying to read all of a file that contains a whole 15 records. The first five records contain the same key fields. The 6th and 7th records have different key fields. The 8th, 9th, and 10th records contain different key fields as well. However, the key fields shouldn't matter, for I am just doing a read. I want to read all of the records. My read is just reading and updating the 1st five records, updating the fields, and goes into a continuous loop. I have had 2 other programmers look at this without a resolution yet. Please help to me read a file and write a record on a whole file.
            Code

Comment

Hi Nancy, just a little note: you don't need that If after the Do, as it is redundant. Also, you can keep the key definition, and add a *LOVAL SETLL F47013LC before starting to read the file. Have a nice day, Cris

Comment

Working...
              X