TechTip: Grow Your Own SEU Line Commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Grow Your Own SEU Line Commands

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Grow Your Own SEU Line Commands **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Grow Your Own SEU Line Commands0

TechTip: Grow Your Own SEU Line Commands

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Grow Your Own SEU Line Commands **
    I've always wanted to know about how to write my own SEU line commands and along comes this tech tip that does NOT bother to tell me. No explanation whatsoever on how the programs interface with the operating system - how is the source member data presented to the exit program and how do we feed it the changed info back? Oh, I know I can try to figure it out from the examples he provided, but some explanation would be nice. (You can figure out for yourself everything you've ever read in a tech tip, but then what's the point of the tech tip? Registering exit programs isn't always easy either but this guy's answer if for me to hit the help key - Hey thanks for the insight! Then you look at the source downloads, in a word document, instead of a save file I could just upload, and his comment for SEU004 is just to compile it to a level that allows pointer math - LAZY! What would it have taken for the author to recompile the program a few times specifying ever receding release levels until the compile failed & then let us know what release was needed? Furthermore, who is the technical editor for this stuff? Said person is either, overworked, uniformed or lazy as well. This article is way sub-par for professional work.

Comment

Working...
    X