Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Another Use for AID Bytes

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Another Use for AID Bytes **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Another Use for AID Bytes **

TechTip: Another Use for AID Bytes

What's old is new again! Let's use some UPSI switches and the LDA, then we'll really be old school. <..>

Comment

As soon as I had read (part of) the article I modified a QS36DDSSRC selection member where I had used F4 to roll forwards and F5 to roll backwards. To my astonishment it worked first time - except that when rolling forwards the input inhibited cross appears with error ?+ because the input buffer (one byte on each line) is full. It clears when rolling backwards and the error does not prevent further mouse clicks. I may well consider using the technique in the future, but can anyone suggest what is going wrong please. Many thanks Peter Kinsman

Comment

I'm working on V5R2 and iSeries Access version is 5.7. All possible PTFs are updated. I have a problem with mouse left click, ULP. Surprisingly never had a problem with right one. I tried URP, URD, SRP, SRD, assigned CFnn function keys or event AID codes, it works just perfect. However, ULP somehow, after an unknown point, doesn't function at all. Left double click's never become a problem, either, since I enabled CA hotspots "enter at cursor position". Sometimes closing the session and starting again works, sometimes even this doesn't reset ULP. A few times, I tried to switch to default IBM default mouse setup. It worked then I switched back to my customized mouse. Usually this is a useless effort. Although all right clicks are working, it's not practical. I am using URP as popup prompt window everywhere. Everybody loves this but they didn't like the idea of right double click or shift-right click etc... Left double-click is ENTER (people got used to this too) and left click supposed to be "select" But it stops working suddenly. Any ideas ? Suggestions ? Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
        X