• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Qshell vs. PASE

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Qshell vs. PASE **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Qshell vs. PASE **

TechTip: Qshell vs. PASE

Readers, in what situations have you chosen Qshell over PASE or vice versa? How did you choose? Please share your comments or questions with us.

Comment

Does either environment support the man pages? I did some experimenting with QShell and found it didn't have much in the way of command help. This was some time ago, so things may have changed. A friend, better versed in the Unix way, steered me towards the man (manual) command. This I quickly learned was one of the standard Unix commands for learning the system. Unfortunately, QShell didn't have this. I realize that there are alternatives. However, it's better I find to have the help system right there, in the same environment where you work. Also, there is a lot of variation in the Unix inspired command sets. I frequently bumped in to the problem of finding an answer, but it wouldn't work in the environment I was in.

Comment

Brian, I agree, the man (manual) command would be handy. To my knowledge, though, it's not available in Qshell or PASE. Alan

Comment

Working...
        X