WinXP and Client Access V5R1M0 with SI01907

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinXP and Client Access V5R1M0 with SI01907

I had the same problem after upgrading one of our AS/400s to V5R1. The problem had to do with the PC password and the AS/400 password getting out of sync. Refreshing my password on the AS/400 fixed the problem. If you attempt to map a drive to a known share on the AS/400, do you get a prompt for the user id and password? If so, that is what your problem is. You should also see a message in QSYSOPR when you do this referring to an invalid id attempt.

I am struggling with a similar problem with XP. I installed CA V4R5 Express on XP Professional and couldn't see Client Access Network in Network Places and so couldn't get at the 400 to map a drive. On advice from a buddy, I uninstalled CA Express and installed the non-express Client Access V4R5. That worked as far as allowing me to see the AS400 in Network Places. However, I still can't get a shared drive to work. I can't see any shared IFS folders below the AS400 itself. Works fine on non-XP PC's though. By the way...I think you will need the NETBEUI protocol installed but that didn't solve my problem either so I'm not sure. XP doesn't support NETBEUI anymore so you have to get into help on the Network Places and search for NETBEUI and dig around for instructions on how to install it. It is on the XP CD but you have to copy it off the CD manually and then install it normally. Microsoft is a joke!

Comment

John, I have Win XP pro installed with only TCP/IP and CA Express and see the ISF drives just fine. The ISF drives should have nothing to do with what flavor of CA you have installed. In fact, a computer without CA installed should see the ISF drives just fine. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "john bernard" wrote in message news:3d932948.1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | I am struggling with a similar problem with XP. I installed CA V4R5 Express on XP Professional and couldn't see Client Access Network in Network Places and so couldn't get at the 400 to map a drive. On advice from a buddy, I uninstalled CA Express and installed the non-express Client Access V4R5. That worked as far as allowing me to see the AS400 in Network Places. However, I still can't get a shared drive to work. I can't see any shared IFS folders below the AS400 itself. Works fine on non-XP PC's though. By the way...I think you will need the NETBEUI protocol installed but that didn't solve my problem either so I'm not sure. XP doesn't support NETBEUI anymore so you have to get into help on the Network Places and search for NETBEUI and dig around for instructions on how to install it. It is on the XP CD but you have to copy it off the CD manually and then install it normally. Microsoft is a joke!

Comment

- Learn about IFS permissions - Configure Netserver - Netserver - Is a Netbios Server, where shares can be configured in OPs NAV, Its still crap compared to W2k/NT Server, but for IFS dir sharing it will do. - Finally, Educate yourself, before placing stupid posts.

Comment

Paul, Feel free to never post in these forums again. Attitudes like yours are never welcome amongst civilized adults. If I were like you I'd have insulted your mis-spelling of "believe". Bill "Paul Zimmermann" wrote in message news:3d932948.3@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > - Learn about IFS permissions > - Configure Netserver > - Netserver - Is a Netbios Server, where shares can be configured in OPs NAV, Its still crap compared to W2k/NT Server, but for IFS dir sharing it will do. > - Finally, Educate yourself, before placing stupid posts.

Comment

Or capitalizing Educate! chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Bill Robins !!!" wrote in message news:52E69C0B630116774EB1A99EF2A9F97D@in.WebX.Wawy ahGHajS... | Paul, | | Feel free to never post in these forums again. Attitudes like yours | are never welcome amongst civilized adults. | | If I were like you I'd have insulted your mis-spelling of "believe". | | Bill | | "Paul Zimmermann" wrote in message | news:3d932948.3@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | > - Learn about IFS permissions | > - Configure Netserver | > - Netserver - Is a Netbios Server, where shares can be configured in | OPs NAV, Its still crap compared to W2k/NT Server, but for IFS dir | sharing it will do. | > - Finally, Educate yourself, before placing stupid posts. | |

Comment

Chuck, My troubles with XP and Mapped Drives could be related to the fact that my AS400 is only at V3R2. It's an oldie but goodie! Several of today's features of Operations Navigator were not supported at the V3R2 level. Not sure if this is the problem but I still am not having any luck seeing the 400 IFS folders. I'm going to hold off on XP for a while. Thanks for your response. John No thanks to that other bozo Zimmermann loser.

Comment

I used to work with Win2000 and CA V4R4. 5250-sessions and networkdrives connected to the IFS could be used without a problem. Now I upgraded to WinXP-PRO with CA V5R1M0. I can use 5250-session but I'm not able to connect to the IFS anymore. (no networkdrives). On AS400-side, no settings are changed and at the office-pc all works normal (Win2000). In Win2000 there was a ClientAccess Network in Neighbourhood but it's not there anymore. Although I can use OpsNav to go to the IFS and copy a file using 'cut&paste'...

Comment

John, I am also strugling with a similar problem now as i have upgraded my PCs from Win9x to Win XP. I am not able to browse through the shared folders of AS/400 machine on the network, there was no issue as such with earlier PCs having Win9X. Can you help me as well on this problem?? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X