Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Client Session configuration Security (*.ws config Files)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Session configuration Security (*.ws config Files)

There's no real complete preventative measures that you can take. OTOH you can initially configure the session without a toolbar. You may be able to remove menu options as well, although I am less sure about this. Dave

Thank you Dave for your response. Thant what I tought. But out of curiosity, what is OTOH and what it does? Merci, Salutation, Jasmin.

Comment

OTOH is the generally recognized internet acronym for "On the Other Hand". It is used when there is more than one possibility. Dave

Comment

Ok, I see. Thank you for all David. Merci, Salutation, jasmin

Comment

In a previous life with a school board, we would assume the user would change things that we couldn't secure, therefore we just refreshed these files at the next reboot/login. Also, some files were attribed RO to prevent changes. This would work if we are just talking about files and not registry changes. Just a thought....

Comment

Hi, I have Version CA V5R2 Install on my Network (500 Stations aprox). I want to prevent users to change settings in There Sessions : WorksationID, Host Code Page, Keyboard and Macro Setup. I Try to change security on the *.ws. It is not working, user can still change the active session configuration, but they cannot longer close their session. So, no help. There should be a way to prevent the user to access these configuration. Thank you, Salutation, jasmin.

Comment

There should be a way to disable the communications configuration of ISERIES ACCESS. Joe Hertvik eluded to this back in 99 regarding System Policy Templates for Express Client. Joe??? Anyone??

Comment

Working...
              X