ISeries Data Transfer and Excel 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISeries Data Transfer and Excel 2007

I had the same problem, and instead of add-in I used standard Excel 2007 import functionality via ODBC. That worked perfectly with iSeries Access V5R3, SI level 18651.

Are you using a current version if iSeries Access? If not, try using current version. I do not have Excel 2007 or Windows Vista. I'd also, check IBM's Knowledge Base.

Comment

I have experienced this same problem with 2 different customer locations that I support. I tried researching it on IBM's website, google, etc., but could not find any solution. I can't believe more people have not experienced it, they will as soon as their PC clients upgrade to Office 2007. So, everyone beware!

Comment

Hello ! Take a look at http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...2572490041f03e and verify if you have installed the service packs: R530 SI26600 R540 SI27741 (or a newer service pack)

Comment

Has anyone had any issues using the Data Transfer add-in with Excel 2007? I have no problems with it in previous versions of Excel, but when I launch it in Excel 2007, Excel encounters a problem and restarts. This is happening on both a Windows XP machine and a Vista Ultimate machine. Thanks!

Comment

Hello, Thank you for you reply. I looked for this issue on IBMs Client Access Home Page in the beginning of August, and I could not find anything (must have been the way I was searching or something). But I will try this. For my one client, this will not work, as they are running V5R1 (I do not believe IBM has a fix for this version in regard to this problem). The ODBC solution/connection though, did work for V5R1. So, life should be good. Thanks again for your help. Fred

Comment

Working...
            X