Uploading spreadsheet using C/A data transfer error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading spreadsheet using C/A data transfer error

rmuller wrote: > When I do the same from my PC, the transferred field contains > X'40404040' When you do the same activity, or when you upload the exact same spreadsheet? The first thing that comes to mind is that this may be a language translation issue. What are the PC languages involved here? Bill

All, I have a very strange problem. I have a user in Croatia uploading a spreadsheet via the Client Access data transfer add-in (cwbtfxla.xll). In a field containing blanks in the spreadsheet 'the transferred field contains X'00004040'. When I do the same from my PC, the transferred field contains X'40404040' I attached both the DDT and FDF files. Both are the same on both PC's CA version is V5R3 ptf level SI18398 any help is appreciated.
    Code

Comment

Bill, The error appears when i upload the EXACT same spreadsheet, to the same AS/400 file. Both PC's run the US version of the W2K Operating System, one with the Croatian regional setings and one with the Dutch regional settings. I have tried to change my PC to croatian settings, but the error did NOT apprear then. What worries me is that the characters are binary zeros, so I was looking in the direction of variable length fields, but that is not the case.The AS/400 file copied to has no variable length fields. Any idea's are welcomed at this point to save me a trip to croatia :-)

Comment

rmuller wrote: > Any idea's are welcomed at this point to save me a trip to croatia :-) Only thing I could think of would be to have the user recreate the FDF file by doing a download. Bill

Comment

Working...
        X