create XML doc using RPGILE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• create XML doc using RPGILE

I use .Net XML Webservices to convert AS/400 data into XML files. .Net works just fine. I believe java can do the same using XML parsers. t_malik@bellsouth.net

This may be a little late but here is a reference to an article I wrote awhile back using the alphaworks version of the current iSeries XML For Procedural Languages (aka XML for RPG). Obviously there are many ways to solve this problem: this being one, Java with XML parsers, and .NET XML framework classes - it all depends on your vantage point. If you are still interested in a solution I would be happy to guide you in your choice. Good luck! RPG IV and XML Together

Comment

We starting a new project that requires us (AS400 RPGILE programmers) to transmit data to NT SQLserver. Basically we need to create the data in an XML document and send it to the NT server. With no experience doing this I would like to know if anyone has any ideas how we can best accomplish. Would you use the IFS? Honestly, right now we don't know how to best proceed. We have Websphere development studio installed but have not used it at my company yet. I was at IBM's website and it mentioned using XML toolkit for the ISERIES. Has anyone used this product? Is this another option? Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Please email me the source code for the article. Regards

Comment

Working...
        X