RPG Stored Procedure calls from JAVA and Data Area Locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPG Stored Procedure calls from JAVA and Data Area Locking

[*]CALLER is forcing your program to run in the same activation as the server job. If you compile it to *NEW, the cleanup should be automatic when the program ends. There could be performance issues with that if the call is made frequently. In that case you might try using a named activation group and have *PSSR call either of these APIs that end the current activation group CALLB ‘CEETREC’ (Normal eoj) CALLB ‘CEE4ABN’ (Abnormal eoj) I am not positive that this will fix your problem, but I think its a good bet. Good luck, Kevin

RPG Stored Procedure calls from JAVA and Data Area Locking

Here's the setup for my question. I call an RPGLE stored procedure from a websphere java app so the stored procedure starts and runs within a QZDASOINIT job. It is compiled with ACTGRP *CALLER and uses one service program that locks a data area (the *SRVPGM is also compiled with ACTGRP *CALLER) and finally, after locking the data area (using the IN opcode) returns control to the main stored procedure with the expectation that the stored procedure will update the data area (using the OUT opcode) and implicitly release the data area. When the stored procedures ends normally it does exactly what it should. My question... If the stored procedure fails (i.e. it fails and is removed from the call stack of the QZDASOINIT job) the data area stays locked to the job. If I pass control to *PSSR and try to unlock (UNLOCK opcode) the data area explicitly, the data area still remains locked to the job. As a matter of fact it seems the only way I've been able to unlock the data area is by ending the QZDASOINIT job. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong???
    Code

Comment

Working...
    X