Relational Database Directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relational Database Directory

The IBM Product names seems to be a Moving target. But the underlying technology is DRDA. Sort of ODBC in reverse. I seem to recall that it involves putting a copy of DB2/UDB on a PC in the network, connecting to the SQL Server, and then Connecting to DB2/UDB from the iSeries.

The easiest way is to use Java and JDBC. You can get the Type 4 JDBC driver from Microsoft; a Type 4 driver allows any computer that can run Java to access SQL Server on another machine. You can write a simple Java program to run the SQL statement and then do whatever you want with the results (including writing records to a file, or sending them to a program). If you'd like more information, let me know. Joe

Comment

Hello, I was wondering if there was anyway to connect to an SQL server database and query a table using an SQL statement from an iseries? I was thinking I could possibly create a relational database directory entry and use the CONNECT statement, but I can't get it to work. Any ideas? Thanks, Chris

Comment

Working...
      X