Web Develpment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Develpment

Bill, WebFacing is part of WDSC and will allow you to easily web enable a simple application. It won't be pretty, but it will give you some idea of how the pieces work. I'm pretty sure you can even run the application on your desktop in the WebSphere Test Environment, without having to load anything onto your iSeries. Joe

Web Develpment

If you're running Windows 2000 or XP on your desktop you can install Internet Information Server on the desktop and use it as a webserver to serve Active Server Pages. There are some articles on this site that expalin creating iSeries data access applications in ASP. Also (pardon the shameless self-promotion) Active Server Pages Primerfrom MC Press includes some complete application examples. Mike

Comment

Web Develpment

Try CGIDEV2. Easy, Free, No need for other server software (except a simple HTTP server) If you're not a programmer, then this route is probably not as comfortable.

Comment

Web Develpment

Thanks. I looked on our box and we do have CGITEST,CGIDEMO,CGIPROD. I went to the website and found (after registration) not a whole lot of anything that is useful. I am a RPG programmer and have been for almost 30 years. Did machine language and various assembler languages prior to that. When it comes to WEB I might as well have started yesterday. CGI seems the way to go (initially) and that is all I need. Is there some book somewhere that can show me (step by step) how to take a fairly simple subfile maintenance screen and convert it to an HTML/XML screen and connect it to my program? If I can get one app to work I am pretty sure I can then build on it. Again thanks to all for the rapid input. Bill Barnes

Comment

Web Develpment

CGIDEV2 is available at and is free. We like it because it just uses RPG with HTML in separate files just like DSPF. It doesn't require a java web server to eat your system up. There is a yahoo group they offer support through. They also include a nice assortment of samples in RPG. Best wishes in your endeavor. Dwight

Comment

Web Develpment

Correction. The yahoo group they have for support is Dwight

Comment

Web Develpment

I would like to "try" and convert one small data entry application to a WEB based app. I have some restrictions placed on me at this time. 1. I can't buy any third party software to do this with. 2. Because of SOX regulations in place I can't load any "trial" software either. Am I dead in the water or is there a way I can muddle my way through to a simple Subfile entry with an HTML screen. We are on V53 and have loaded Remote Systems Explorer. My assumption is that if I can do one then UM will approve some expenditures to be able and tackle some larger apps. Any and all suggestions are, gratefully, accepted TIA Bill Barnes

Comment

Working...
              X