X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTF to TEXT

Have you tried using an MS Word macro that would "save as" text. Dave

RTF to TEXT

David, Thanks for the reply. I currently have a vb program (for another process) in production that opens a Word doc and does a "save as" to text. I can do this for this project, but I would prefer to have something that runs entirely on the 400 - that way our operator does not have another pc process to start/stop/monitor. Thanks, Joe

Comment

RTF to TEXT

You can get the process started on th 400 with either the STRPCO and STRPCCMD command combination, or the RUNRMTCMD command. Dave

Comment

RTF to TEXT

I am working on a project where I will need to sort and print RTF documents. If the RTF document is first converted to plain text, the remainder of the project is easy. My first thought was to write an RPG program to parse the RTF file. This proved to be easier said than done. My next thought is to find a "ready made" java program that I can run on the 400 to do the conversion for me. I have not had a lot of success finding such an animal (I did find some, but they did not seem to be exactly what I needed). Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions? Thanks, Joe

Comment

RTF to TEXT

David, I thought about this option. It has been many years since I used STRPCO and I have never used RUNRMTCMD (maybe now is the time to revisit and investigate!). My only problem with this is that a pc is still involved....which I would prefer to avoid (simply because I think the process is more stable and straightforward when only one platform is invloved). Thanks, Joe

Comment

Working...
          X