Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Read MS Access database from the iSeries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read MS Access database from the iSeries?

As an alternative, you could create the database natively on the AS/400, and then use ODBC to create a "linked" file with MS Access. This way you could still use MS Access from the desktop, and native programs on the 400. Dave

David, Can you point me to an URL or give me the steps necessary? I like this idea. Chris

Comment

Can an iSeries batch job (java) directly read data from an MS Access database that is stored on the IFS? I'd rather not have users create a temporary CSV for me, that's a manual step. I've done this using Java ODBC/JDBC (SQL Select) when the Access DB is on my local PC. How does this work when everything is stored and running on the iSeries? For example, how would I define an ODBC datasource name on the IFS? The more information you can provide the better. What if the MS Access database is on a Win 2000 server and I can see it through the QNTC file system? I would still need some sort of ODBC driver installed on the iSeries that can read MS Access databases. Can anyone help me? Is there an automated way to create a CSV from an Access database? Then I could just read that export file without ODBC. Thanks... Chris

Comment

I found a resource on this subject here. Thanks. Chris

Comment

Working...
        X