calling RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling RPG

You need to specify QSYS file system objects like this: /QSYS.LIB/CJTSMOD.LIB/CJIP029G.PGM Make sure you get the initial slash before QSYS.

calling RPG

err As400ProgCall com.ibm.as400.access.ObjectDoesNotExistException: /QSYS.LIB/CJTSMOD.LIB/CJIP029G.PGM: Object does not exist. I tried that...

Comment

calling RPG

I can't guess what's going wrong, then. If you're sure the program exists on the system, and if you're sure you've identified the system correctly to jtopen, then the only other thing I can think of is authority. Check the authority to the library and to the program. Try making them both PUBLIC *ALL, just as an experiment. If that fixes it, then you should have a starting point to find out what authorities you have to give to what profile to make it work. If it doesn't fix it, I'm out of ideas.

Comment

calling RPG

Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("CJTSMOD.LIB/CJIP029G.PGM"); java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: CJTSMOD.LIB/CJIP029G.PGM error=0 String line = "CJTSMOD/CJIP029G"; progCall.run(line,params)) com.ibm.as400.access.IllegalPathNameException: CJTSMOD/CJIP029G: Object not in QSYS file system. I have tried two different ways to call a simple RPG program. No data to return. I have looked thru the postings and seen some saying it works and some saying not. Using jtopen ProgramCall seems to get QSys object error. The RPG program is not in QSYS...Thanks for any help (I am going to try submit job next) a lonely java wannabe in an RPG shop (and am not a RPG programmer.)

Comment

calling RPG

Thanks a million for your help...your suggestion was it....WORKED!!! When you mentioned system, I double checked the jtopen. I was connecting to the wrong box. That should teach me a lesson.

Comment

Working...
          X