Debugging Java Stored Proc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debugging Java Stored Proc

Hi This might be obvious but I'm new to this and any help is really appreciated. I'm trying to debug a Java stored procedure (JSProc) on our iSeries called from a Java client following the instructions detailed in the Stored Procedures, Triggers... redbook (very good redbook IMHO). The stored proc is in folder /QIBM/UserData/OS400/SQLLib/Function and has been compiled on the iSeries using javac -g from QSH: javac -g /QIBM/UserData/OS400/SQLLib/Function/JSProc.java So the source file and class file are in the same folder. I've created the associated Java source program via CRTJVAPGM CLSF('/QIBM/UserData/OS400/SQLLib/Function/JSProc.class') OPTIMIZE(40) My Client routine calls the Stored Proc twice to ensure the JVM for this connection job is up and running when I start debugging. Once my client JDBC connection is made and I know the job number I start the servicing job on the iSeries for the right JDBC connection job. For example: STRSRVJOB JOB(229380/QUSER/QZDASOINIT) I step through the client code, call the stored proc for the first time, thereby ensuring the JVM for that job is up and running, I then attempt to debug the Java class using: STRDBG CLASS('JSProc') but can't see the java source from the display module source screen - the error message at the bottom of the screen is 'Source file not available' Many thanks Greg - PS sorry if you've seen this message on another site

Debugging Java Stored Proc

I suspect it might debug easier with OPTIMIZE(*INTERPRET). See last sentence below. Sam Optimization (OPTIMIZE) - Help OPTIMIZE(*INTERPRET) Java programs are smaller but run slower than Java programs created with higher optimization levels. As the optimization level is increased beyond 10, the Java program performance generally improves, but the time required to create the Java program increases and debugging is more difficult.

Comment

Working...
    X