Running Java Programs in XP Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Java Programs in XP Pro

I'm pretty new to Java, so this is just a guess, but how's your classpath? This thread: http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?128@...ae.1@.6ae81115 details problems someone had because Websphere was using a different classpath than expected.

Hi, I have an XP Pro windows machine with WebSphere Developement Studio 5.0 installed. I cannot run the compiled java class. It compiles OK but gives me a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: HelloWorld Exception in thread "main". I got the syntax from the IBM samples. The code used to work until WebSphere was installed. Is there something I need to set up to allow the class to be run? Thanks

Comment

Create a little .BAT File like following: 1) Classes you need to run application: set JAVA_DT=C:j2sdk1.4.2_03libdt.jar set JAVA_HOME=C:j2sdk1.4.2_03 set JAVA_RAINER=C:Java set JAVA_RT=C:j2sdk1.4.2_03jrelib
      t.jar set JAVA_TOOLS=C:j2sdk1.4.2_03lib ools.jar set JAVA_WDT400=C:WDT400JAVA 2) Give it to your Classpath set Classpath = .;%JAVA_HOME%;%JAVA_RAINER%;%JAVA_WDT400%;%JAVA_RT %;%JAVA_TOOLS%;%JAVA_DT% 3) path to java interpreter: Path C:j2sdk1.4.2_03in 4) Programm call: java FileDialogTest The .Bat file can be started from anywhere (Desktop Buttom) Its a stony way but don't give up. Best Rainer

Comment

Working...
      X