X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replying to Batch Job Submitted

Type WRKRPYLE and press ENTER. Create an auto reply for CPF4102. Dave

Replying to Batch Job Submitted

Anubhav, If the submitted program is a CL then just insert a MONMSG and trap for the error. Then you can end the job normally or perform some other actions (page, email, etc.) As far as the WRKRPYLE, I would be careful since this would apply to all jobs on the system and not just yours (depending on your job submission and system defaults). It is possible to use the auto reply for just your job. This would require some CL code or change the way the job is submitted. Hope this helps...

Comment

Thanks to both Dave and bvIseries for replying. Suggestion gave by bvIseries was implemeted. An attribute by name 'Inquiry message reply' for individual job was tried out with values *SAME, *RQD, *DFT and *SYSRPYL, but the job log displayed that particular job number has been changed by the user and job is still in 'Message Wait'. Job can't be submitted in any other way. thanks, Anubhav.
      Code

Comment

I have a batch job that has been submitted and has gone in message wait due to some error in a file that can't be repaired. Now this job has been fired as SUBMIT JOB using a java program. Class being used is com.ibm.as400.access.Job. Now I am receving an error meesage in job log stating 'Error message CPF4102 appeared during OPEN for file QDD (C S D F).'. I want to select option 'C' from above message. Its not an interactive job. Can anybody help to reply to this batch job message using a java program. Job number is stored for any further processing. thanks, Anubhav.
        Code

Comment

Adding to above message.
          Code

Comment

Working...
          X