Adoption of authority by AS/400 Java programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adoption of authority by AS/400 Java programs

This is common misconception. The parm USEADPAUT indicates if the adopted authority of programs higher in the call stack can be used by (or propagated to) this program. For example, imagine you had a program that popped up a command line. You would likely want to the user restricted to their own authority in this case. If you want this program to run with its own adopted authority, then specify USRPRF(*OWNER) instead of *USER. So, if you had a program compiled with USRPRF(*USER), USEADPAUT(*NO), this program would run with ABSOLUTELY NO adopted authority. Chris

Chris You are absolutely right. What I failed to say is that I actually executed the following command but with exactly the same results. (ie. the program does not change to USRPRF(*OWNER) and therefore does not adopt the owner authority) CRTJVAPGM CLSF('/GNS/GNSREQUESTS.CLASS') USRPRF(*OWNER) USEADPAUT(*YES) However, the previous program (the program calling the JAVA program is a CL program and has the correct *OWNER and USEADPAUT(*YES) so USEADPAUT(*YES) on the Java program should have been sufficient) Maybe, the question could be how do I make my Java program USRPRF(*OWNER) or USEADPAUT(*YES)or both? Thanks Mike

Comment

I am having trouble changing my AS/400 Java program (on the IFS) to adopt the user authority when updating a file on the AS400. I have tried CRTJVAPGM CLSF('/GNS/GNSREQUESTS.CLASS') USEADPAUT(*YES) but it does not adopt as shown by the DSPJVAPGM. My CL and RPG programs correctly adopt authority as they should. Any suggestions anybody. Many thanks Michael Georcelin

Comment

Working...
      X