J2ME - Connect to AS/400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J2ME - Connect to AS/400

You might have some luck at Marc Logemann's Web Site Marc has written an article around J2ME and the Iseries. Or you could try contacting him directly.

J2ME - Connect to AS/400

Thanks. I have done that. O complied his example as well.Still the same result. I am missing some small thing. Can anybody help?

Comment

J2ME - Connect to AS/400

Hi All, I am trying to access my AS/400 via J2ME Wireless toolkit 2.1. MEServer is running on a PC with port 4444. When I hit the connect button it is prompting me for the Air time. When I press OK it hangs. Has anybody have an small example just to connect to AS/400 ? I have attached my program. Thanks is advance. Alex Jayasundara

AS400Connect.java

Comment

J2ME - Connect to AS/400

Hi, I got it worked with the idea of Marc Logemann. Here is the story. With J2ME if you use blocking operations such as connections it can (actually will) lockup the screen. Actually Wireless Toolkit 2.1 gives a warning as well (I just omit that warning). To work arround what I did was create a seperate thread for connection handling. Now it works. Working source code is attached for anybody to use. Alex

AS400Connect.java

Comment

Working...
        X