CallableStatement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CallableStatement

I thought a CallableStatement was used to call a stored procedure. I don't think you can use it to just call any program. Maybe someone else can enlighten us. I'd use the Java Toolbox ProgramCall object to do what you want to do. Joe

CallableStatement

Hello, I'm new in Java, so what do we call stored procedure ? Is it any program written in the AS/400 (CL or RPG) that we want to call from a java program ? thanks

Comment

CallableStatement

A stored procedure is any AS400 program object that has been defined to the SQL database on the AS400 so that an application running on another server can call it. You can define the program to the SQL database by going into an interactive SQL session and using the CREATE PROCEDURE command. When the program is successfully registered as a stored procedure, the system catalog tables on the AS400 will be updated with information about it. If you register an AS400 program as a stored procedure and later decide that you don't want it to be one, then you can go into an interactive SQL session and use the DROP PROCEDURE command. IBM redbooks has information on stored procedures. The book number is SG24-6503.

Comment

CallableStatement

The CallableStatement class is the Java class to use for calling a stored procedure. But the AS400 program being called must be registered as a stored procedure as I discussed in my previous message.

Comment

CallableStatement

Hello, I'm trying to call CL Which only generates a spool file, but when I try to do it with a CallableStatement method, my java program compiles, but dosent genereates anything when I run it. When I do WRKACTJOB, I see the Java program with CNDW, I don't know Why. here is my Java program code. Thanks
          Code

Comment

CallableStatement

Thanks a lot for your help. Now it's clear in my mind. Cheers Mamadou

Comment

Working...
            X