X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a XML file using JDOM

You need to use Java version 5 in order to run this code. Joe

Creating a XML file using JDOM

When I check my Java version from the c: is shows Java version 1.5.0-10. So, I put this code in my java program System.out.println("Java Version is: " + System.getProperty("java.version")); to display the version when running the program using Websphere Rational Software Development Platform Version 6.0 and it shows that I am using Java version 1.4.2.

Comment

I hope when you say WebSphere Rational Software Development Platform you mean WDSC (WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries), because that's my area of expertise. There are a number of Rational products and the names are somewhat confusing. But if you're talking about WDSC, the problem is that you're at version 6. You need to upgrade to WDSC version 7. WDSC, especially the versions prior to 7, are very tightly tied to a specific JVM, and WDSC6 uses Java 1.4. WDSC7 uses Java 5, so should run your software. Joe

Comment

I am trying to create a simple program to create an XML file using JDOM. I am getting the following error messages: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/jdom/Element (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java :800) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Secure ClassLoader.java:147) at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader .java:474) at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$500(URLClassLoader. java:108) at java.net.URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run(URLClassLo ader.java:846) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Nativ e Method) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Access Controller.java:389) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.j ava:370) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:5 62) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launche r.java:442) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:4 94) at com.fedex.ground.samples.Example1.main(Example1.ja va:16) I've tried searching the web. Any help appreciated.

Comment

Thank you Joe. I got WDSC upgraded to version 7.0 and the problem was resolved.

Comment

Working...
          X