Problem in Visual Age for Java 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in Visual Age for Java 3.5

José, VAJ is looking for the IBM Toolbox libraries. It's been a while since I worked with VAJ, but I'm sure there's a place where you can add external JAR files to your project. You'll need to add jt400.jar or jtopen.jar to your project in order to access the com.ibm.as400.access classes. Joe

Thanks Joe, I am going to test it this Monday. I have another question, which IDE is better? NetBeans or Eclipse?.

Comment

Hi!. I had a probelm witb VAJ 3.5. I had to install again VAJ. Now, I am receiving a message ...missing package: com.ibm.as400.access What's wrong?.

Comment

Well, I think each IDE has its adherents, and I'm a little biased. I haven't really used NetBeans in a while, and I've written books on Eclipse and WDSC, so I'm definitely partial to the Eclipse side of the question. Personally, I think WDSC is perhaps the best developmetn environment I've ever used. It's powerful, easy to use, and allow me to work in multiple languages on multiple platforms with no problems. I just put together a little package that transfers data between the iSeries and SQL Server, and I was able to do it all inside of WDSC. I was able to write and even debug all the code without getting out of WDSC, and then I was able to export and pacakge the software so my client could install and use it. I'm sure NetBeans can do a lot of what WDSC can do, but as I said I haven't really used it in a while. I want to do a little more research, though, and in fact I hope to be able to set up a machine tomorrow where I can start playing with some other products that I don't normally use, from Lotus to Visual Studio. Maybe I'll give Netbeans another run for tis money. If I do, I'll let you know what I find out. Joe Joe

Comment

Working...
        X