get in touch with JT400.jar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get in touch with JT400.jar

The classpath statement needs to specify the jt400.jar file itself, not the directory you placed it in. eg : set classpath = .;c:dir1dir2jt400.jar

Thank you for pointing out that. But even then I cant get it compiled and it gives the same compiler error message. I know it has to be something very small. What am I missing here? Help is much appreciated.

Comment

I suggest you place your program source file and a copy of jt400.jar in the same directory. Then compile your program using the javac command with the -classpath option, eg: javac -classpath yourdir;yourdirjt400.jar yourpgm.java (I'm not suggesting you always compile like this in the future. This is just a simple way of establishing that your PC has the correct software loaded, and that your problem isn't due to IDE configuration).

Comment

Thank you John. Seems to be working now. Any thoughts why is classpath not taken if written separately on the command prompt? Thank you again

Comment

I don't know enough about how you were attempting to compile to hazard any guess as to the cause of the problem. If this continues to be a nuisance, itemise the steps you take that lead to the error and post them here.

Comment

ok, My java code is written in notepad and following steps were taken. All the command executed were from DOS prompt 1. path c:Program filesjavajdk1.5.0in 2. set classpath = .;c:dir1dir2jt400.jar (my destination for program source is not the same as jt400.jar.) 3. javac pgm1.java Then compilation error as mentioned in my previous post. Thanks

Comment

What are you *really* typing at the DOS prompt? I doubt your jt400.jar is in c:dir1dir2. Type these 2 commands at the DOS prompt and tell us what you get: echo %path% echo %classpath% Chris

Comment

echo %path% gives me ONLY the path I specified in the path command but it flushes out the existing path it has. echo %classpath% does not show me the classpath i specified, it just returns me the text %classpath%. If this means that my classpath is not being set then where am i going wrong? Is it something to do with the authority? Thanks

Comment

Hi All, I am writing a simple java program in which i read the file on AS/400. I have set the classpath correctly (at least I think so). The classpath points to jt400.jar on my workstation,but my program doesnt compile it says: package com.ibm.as400.access does not exist. This is how set the classpath set classpath = .;c:dir1dir2 No matter what i do I am unable to compile this program. Please help !

Comment

Working...
                  X