TechTip: Creating Zip Files on the iSeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Creating Zip Files on the iSeries

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Creating Zip Files on the iSeries **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Creating Zip Files on the iSeries0

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Creating Zip Files on the iSeries **
    Hi, When I try to test the example described in this article, it fails due to the file used in TOSTMF parameter cannot be found. I have used file names and library names that are valid in my environment. What I find so strange is that according to the help text the file should be created if it doesn't exists already. I have all the libraries in my library list when I try to run the command. Greatful for all the help I can get. Jorgen

Comment

Jorgen, I wish you had posted a copy of the command you executed. In any case I think the error might be due to the fact that you took the example he provided in the TOSTMF parameter to literally. I tried the same thing with the TOSTMF example path intact and got the same error you did. When I changed "somedir" to a valid directory within the "home" directory it worked exactly as described. As with most IFS commands the file will be created or restored, but not the directory. The directory path must always exist beforehand. Pete

Comment

I am having trouble with FTP. When I get an FTP session, it logs me into a AS/400 library under QSYS. How do I get FTP to allow me to access the /home directory structure (i.e. not QSYS)? Thanks, Doug.

Comment

Try adding /root before the slash for the home directory.

Comment

Doug Englander wrote: > I am having trouble with FTP. When I get an FTP session, it logs me > into a AS/400 library under QSYS. How do I get FTP to allow me to > access the /home directory structure (i.e. not QSYS)? Doug, Check out the NameFmt FTP command. Bill

Comment

Use a MONMSG CPFA0AB - Object name not a directory. with the CPYTOSTMF command. Create the directory(s) if needed, then run CPYTOSTMF again.

Comment

Works fine for me. However the STRQSH command leaves a job log in QEZJOBLOG even when no errors occur. The result at the end of each day is 1000's of joblogs in QEZJOBLOG. How do I prevent this? Vincent.

Comment

Pete, Thank you for your input to my question. I have tried to do as you recommend, but cannot get it to work. Here is a copy of the command I executed. CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(MITMAS) + TOSTMF('/JORGEN/MITMASTX.csv') + MBROPT(*REPLACE) + STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) + RCDDLM(*CRLF) + DATFMT(*USA) The file MITMAS and the library are in my library list when I execute the command. Jorgen

Comment

Is there a way to do this with save files?

Comment

Working...
                    X