Java…Huh…Yeah...What Is It Good For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** This thread discusses the article: Java...Huh...Yeah...What Is It Good For? **
    Ralph, I expect that the AIX folk are much less dependent upon IBM. They rely more on third party and/or make their own tools. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Ralph Daugherty" wrote in message news:6b246a07.20@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > Nathan, what other computer has a web page for an interface? What other > computer has no standard interface? What other computer system is dying > along with the careers of those on it? > > What other computer system is captive to IBM doing nothing but making > their proprietary Websphere web server the interface to that captive dying > computer? > > In other words, are there such issues for AIX? Of course not. Unix people > would never put up with IBM doing nothing. We have no choice. And so we > are left with being asked what more could we want. > > Yes, I agree, it is very sad. > > rd

Comment

** This thread discusses the article: Java...Huh...Yeah...What Is It Good For? **
      nandelin15 wrote: calling for IBM to provide a native device file that output HTML instead of a 5250 stream. I have been advocating this for nearly ten years. I have conferenced with IBMers privately, and in public fora. I have outlined out it is possible, and what it might take to make this a reality. Some IBMers may have found the notion intriguing, while others changed the subject to sellable topics. I have not given up the lobbying effort, as I believe that this is something that will be used if developed, and used on a wide scale basis. This is because the investment in current development is not negated. Dave

Comment

Working...
      X