Lazy Coding: A Programmer's Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy Coding: A Programmer's Guide

It was very lazy of you to simply take exerpts from Microsoft's employee handbook and copy them here. :-) Dave

One of the best characteristics of Lazy Coding is that it enables management to effectively deploy buzzwords. It's very supportive of this important strategic requirement (to pave the way to their next job). Extreme programming! Server farms! Java! Outsourcing! Grids! No need to understand the words, just so long as you can use them impressively. Implementation? Well, we're in the midst of a highly successful prototype. But, off the record, due to a potential consolidation/amalgamation/merger/acquisition/divestiture/IPO, the project will never get off the ground...

Comment

I think you're comments go hand-in-hand with the art of developing truly unmaintainable code - see http://thc.org/root/phun/unmaintain.html As a consultant, I've found some wonderful (?) examples of lazy coding as well as near indecipherable code. I am truly fortunate to follow in the footsteps of so many forward-thinking programmers.

Comment

And here I thought the purpose of programs was to be user friendly and at least reasonably efficient. No wonder I'm not making the big bucks - I was going after it all wrong. Thanks for removing the wool from my eyes. Larry Manter

Comment

This is a discussion about Lazy Coding: A Programmer's Guide.

Click here for the article.

Comment

Tom, As usual, your insight is flawless. But this time its late. We've been doing this for years. ;-) Jeff

Comment

Working...
            X