Competitive Comparisons of Java J2EE and Microsoft C#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competitive Comparisons of Java J2EE and Microsoft C#

** This thread discusses the article: Competitive Comparisons of Java J2EE and Microsoft C# **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Competitive Comparisons of Java J2EE and Microsoft C# **

** This thread discusses the article: Competitive Comparisons of Java J2EE and Microsoft C# **
    I notice that win/IE can display the article correctly, but, firefox makes the viewer scroll right and back. A most annoying way to view stuff. Perhaps the staff at MC Press needs to view the articles in a number of browsers. Regards, Tom Birchmire tbirchmire@usa.net

Comment

I can't comment on features of C#, because I don't know it, but I can tell you that Java DOES allow multiple classes in a source file. It DOES support jagged arrays (in fact that's the only kind of arrays it supports). It DOES support enumerations. I'm guessing that C#'s "is" operator is similar to Java's "instanceof" operator. Java DOES support reflection. On to the next paragraph... Java does NOT allow static methods in an interface. And even if it did, I can't imagine how you would use them to simulate an enumeration. So, all in all, a disappointing article. Toss it in the growing pile of biased comparisons.

Comment

The comparison article would be fine and dandy on a Microsoft site, or if the author demonstrated full command of the subject matter. Neither of these is the case. 1) MC Press Online supports the iSeries. While C# runs on devices that can be used to connect to i5/OS, it does not, in fact, run on i5/OS. About the only hope is if the AIX version of Mono runs in PASE. Still, if you're evaluating two heavyweight virtualized languages, it makes more sense to support one that can run on both your client and server. 2) There are numerous mistakes regarding Java, including items mentioned previously. Frankly, I'm surprised the article didn't say "Java is slow." All in all, this was an ill-conceived and poorly executed article.

Comment

I read this article because I program in the Java language and I was hoping to read a fair comparison of the 2 languages. I know when you write one of these articles it almost a no win situation because you are gong to offend someone. I am not a Java evangelist so I have no problem reading about some of Java’s short comings, but there is a reason it is used in so many places. To list the fact that Java is not locked into one vendor and can run on any OS as a negative thing is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
          X