Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Midrange Manager: Dump SEU!

** This thread discusses the article: The Midrange Manager: Dump SEU! **
    All, I have tried Code/400 several times; not a good experience. Probably the next time I try (if ever), I will just install the LPEX editor and see if I can use it. I actually have IBM's LPEX manual at home; just reading thru it indicates there is a lot of power there, if I could just get the engine started! Has anyone tried Aldon's FlexEdit on this list? I heard about it years ago but never tried it. I am doing lots of HTML code at school and would like to try something other than good ole Notepad. Can't afford FrontPage yet! Also: Can anyone give me a hint on how to install Eclipse? I downloaded the *54 MB* zip file but could not quickly figure out how to install it. Also: Is there a plug-in for C or C++ programming? Thanks to any/all for all/any help! rhart@atcdgis.com

Comment

Had a fellow who wasted 45 minutes because he insisted on using SEU. Five seconds after I loaded the program up in code/400 I found the problem. I line he thought was executing was actually commmented out. The multiple colors of code/400, once again, save the day. Something like the following:
      Code

Comment

You need to have a JRE installed, 1.3.1+, I think is the minimum. Extract the zip file into a directory, making sure that you allow it to extract subdirectories. If not, it will not work. Once extracted, double click on the Eclipse executable. It will finish its configuration. It does not change any registry settings, so if you want to remove it, you just delete the directory it is in.

Comment

Working...
        X