TechTip: What You Can Do With RPG's SPECIAL File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: What You Can Do With RPG's SPECIAL File

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: What You Can Do With RPG's SPECIAL File **
    This is a discussion about TechTip: What You Can Do With RPG's SPECIAL File.

Click here for the article.

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: What You Can Do With RPG's SPECIAL File **
    When calling the programm I get en errormessage 3021 on the IFS open statement, indicating that there seemst to be something wrong with one of the arguments. Does this have something todo with our release? Sincerely, Jo Vroemen

Comment

Jo, In order to run all functions, you need to upgrade operating system to at least V4R4. Regards, Ira

Comment

I received in my e-mail the following question: "I have IFSCUSTI working, how hard would it be to pass a parm into this program using directory and file name, the way it is now I would have to always change it and then re-compile." ----------------------------------------------------------------- The answer was as follows: You can create CL pgm. that passes parameters when calls RPGLE program. In D-spec identify Folder and File names as input parameters fields. I would do it separately for Folder and for File. See suggested code below. From CL pass the value of the Folder in a full path starting from root. E.g. 'ProdFilesOrders' . At times length of 128 of IfsFilePathI is not enough. Change it to 256 or 512. It this case change length of field ‘Path’ in Ifs_IO module and don’t forget re-crate them according to instruction in ReadMe.txt.
        Code

Comment

Working...
        X