Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    Tips and Techniques: Copy Numeric Data to Character and Keep the Leading Zeros

** This thread discusses the article: Tips and Techniques: Copy Numeric Data to Character and Keep the Leading Zeros **
    padshore wrote: > I have been using this built in function, with X to create a > character field, and retain the leading zeroes. I now have a problem, > in the sense that the field contains a negative number. Is there an > easy(!) way to convert this number, with leading zeroes, with > trailing/leading minus. Using %editc with an X gives me the following > result for 00000029-, the result is 0000002R I belive what would traditionally be done would be to have a seperate field that is loaded with the minus sign conditioned upon the original fields value. If nOrigFld < 0 cSign = '-' Else cSign = ' ' EndIf Then either prepend or append cSign to your character field. Bill

Leave a comment:

• padshore@optonline.net
    replied

** This thread discusses the article: Tips and Techniques: Copy Numeric Data to Character and Keep the Leading Zeros **
    I have been using this built in function, with X to create a character field, and retain the leading zeroes. I now have a problem, in the sense that the field contains a negative number. Is there an easy(!) way to convert this number, with leading zeroes, with trailing/leading minus. Using %editc with an X gives me the following result for 00000029-, the result is 0000002R Thanks in advance Alan

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

Just like any problem there can be many solutions. Here is what I have been doing. D SaveNote S 12S 0 Inz D WkNoteA S 12 Inz EvalR WkNoteA = '000000000000' + %Char(%Int(SaveNote)); Note that EvalR must be used.

Leave a comment:

• Tips and Techniques: Copy Numeric Data to Character and Keep the Leading Zeros

** This thread discusses the Content article: Tips and Techniques: Copy Numeric Data to Character and Keep the Leading Zeros **
Working...
X