Tips and Techniques: Converting Date to Decimal to Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips and Techniques: Converting Date to Decimal to Date

** This thread discusses the article: Tips and Techniques: Converting Date to Decimal to Date **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Tips and Techniques: Converting Date to Decimal to Date **

** This thread discusses the article: Tips and Techniques: Converting Date to Decimal to Date **
    Bob, How do you get your procedure to accept the *ISO value in this code? ** Convert Date to Decimal C eval DueDte = DateToDec(DueDate:*ISO) I've often wanted to make use of RPG's special values in calls to my procedures but didn't think it could be done. Thanks, Charles

Comment

I'm a jackass... You would have to code it as '*ISO' otherwise it wouldn't compile. Sorry for the typo. -Bob

Comment

I suppose we can right that off as the one mistake you make a year right? Seriously though, why can't we use *ISO, or *BLANKS, or *ZEROS. Have you ever discussed it with IBM? Charles

Comment

You can't. I omitted the quotes around the value this time for the article because I did a cut/paste on the examples with the built-in function which don't require the quotes. To call teh DateToDec() you need to quote '*ISO'. -Bob

Comment

I tried to use it in the /FREE environment and it does not work. So, I thought I did something wrong. Then, I tried putting in the exact same code in the article and it still does not compile. I receive the RNF0325 (Parm for %int is not valid) Now I'm stuck?

Comment

Thanks, Derek

Comment

This is another mess about the release enhancements getting out of control: %INT and %DEC in V5R1 and earlier, are pretty useless so no point in addressing them in that release. In V5R2, they convert character to numeric. In V5R3, they convert date/time variables to numeric with the date format as the 2nd parm. Hope this helps. -Bob

Comment

Working...
                X