Tips and Techniques: API Prototypes Potpourri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips and Techniques: API Prototypes Potpourri

** This thread discusses the article: Tips and Techniques: API Prototypes Potpourri **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Tips and Techniques: API Prototypes Potpourri **

** This thread discusses the article: Tips and Techniques: API Prototypes Potpourri **
    Hi, Good point to open for others to use/contribute to something that IBM should have provided for us (RPG programmers). How can I send my prototypes? Regards Michael Cramer

Comment

You can email the prototypes to me. I am working on an automatic upload and post-for-review thing, but my paying gigs seem to take priority. So for now, just send me an email with the prototypes attached. But please make sure they have been verified by you and/or others because I cannot sit there and fix up the contributions. -Thanks! Bob

Comment

Hi Bob, Here is my ILE CEE prototypes. They have been tested almost every one. Those not testet are the Activation Group and Control Flow procedures. I have used the Const keyword for many of the parameters, but maybe the Value is a better one, I don't know.[file name=6b1c570d_prcee.txt size=24]http://www.mcpressonline.com/images/fbfiles/files/6b1c570d_prcee.txt[/file]

Comment

Hi Bob Why bother with naming these prototype "sub-fields" anyway? OK by giving each paramter/argument a name, it may give a support programmer a clue, but surely he or she is going to look into its function in the called program to see its exact use. But we can't rely on comments (which is effictively what naming a prototype field is - unless we have to when using a LIKE statement etc.) I'm certainly not going to take it for granted that if somebody has coded up a program with ph_usrspace as a prototype field name then that means a user space name (call me an old cynic if you like). To my mind the whole strength of using prototypes and the CALLP operation code is to be able to see what's happening at "point of sale" (eg with BIFS etc. in operation) without having to trawl through lines of code looking for the PLIST and then trying to find out what the PFLDs contained at time of execution - and you don't need prototype "sub-field" names for that. Enough of my ramblings Keep up the good work and the IBM flag flying Regards Phil

Comment

Working...
          X