X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Was I Born?

** This thread discusses the article: When Was I Born? **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: When Was I Born? **
    This is a discussion about When Was I Born?.

Click here for the article.

When Was I Born?

Bob,Thanks for aother informative and useful article. Is there an API that will provide the CPU seconds for a COMPLETED (not active) batch job by providing the job six digit number? I tried to scan the JOB LOG for the job from start through end times and get the CPU seconds from there, but this technique causes problems in very high activity computers. Thanks, Paul Harkins

Comment

When Was I Born?

Code

Comment

When Was I Born?

Seriously? As we all know, QINTER is configured for interactive job performance. Try the jobq QSYSNOMAX instead if you want a batch job to run immediately. Chris

Comment

When Was I Born?

Looks like you could use QUSLJOB to get the job's internal identifier using only the job number, then use the identifier in QUSRJOBI to get the CPU info. QUSRJOBI won't work with just the job number. A method we use is to DSPLOG to regularly look in QHST for message CPF1164, and put the results into a file we can query. The message data has the run time in seconds, minimum 1 second. DSPLOG won't work with just the job number, though it will work with job number and job name.

Comment

When Was I Born?

Good old UDATE always has the submitted date. I ran into that years ago with an interactive job that ran overnight and was logging the wrong date.

Comment

When Was I Born?

Ken, thanks for you response, I will try QUSLJOB for the job CPU seconds. I have used the DSPLOG and QHST and CPF1164 message for the CPU seconds, but on a very heavily used AS/400 (model 740 and 840), this sometimes "freezes" the entire computer. Best, Paul

Comment

When Was I Born?

> Good old UDATE always has the submitted date. Actually, UDATE has the date the job started to run. Seems like a nit until you run into a situation like this. Monday: Hold jobq QPGMR. SBMJOB cmd() jobq(qpgmr) Friday: Release job queue QPGMR. UDATE has Friday's date, not Monday's. --buck

Comment

When Was I Born?

If it's applicable to the situation, you can always explicitly put a job date in the SBMJOB DATE() parm such as DATE(12312004) too (Dec 31, 2004). That is the RPG UDATE or *DATE. Or if the job is stuck in the job queue, do a CHGJOB DATE(). Chris

Comment

Working...
                  X