Simple Tasks in RPG IV Made Simpler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Tasks in RPG IV Made Simpler

** This thread discusses the article: Simple Tasks in RPG IV Made Simpler **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Simple Tasks in RPG IV Made Simpler **

how do I get the RPGLAB library? Here we are at V5R2M0, but the compiler can't find itĄ

Comment

Since I have done many AS/400 to SAP and ORACLE data conversions over the past 5 years I have stopped using %TrimL and %TrimR. It is just as easy to use the %Trim function. It might be slower because it chops both ends of a string but from a maintenance viewpoint I no longer have to bother with what the difference between the %TrimL and the %TrimR functions are. %Trim works just fine with Eval or EvalR in all of the conversions I have done to date. Especially, if you are converting to either tab delimited or CSV delimited ASCII files. I have also used %Char to a lesser degree. I prefer using either of the functions %EditC and %EditW with the %Trim function for better control of what I want. %Dec and %Int have been welcome additions to the ability to do conversion work. Sadly, not all of the systems I have worked on have these functions because many shops have just not upgraded their OS/400.

Comment

RPGLAB is a mythical location on my AS/400 webserver. In reality, it is an OS/400 library named RPGLAB on my AS/400. To access the source provided in that library, go to my website, www.rpgiv.com and click on the "Free RPG IV Downloads" link. The page that is displayed, is the RPGLAB and from there you can get into any of the source examples I publish here along with a lot more source code as well.

Comment

Working...
        X