Best of TechTips: Build Web Pages with RPG and CGIDEV2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of TechTips: Build Web Pages with RPG and CGIDEV2

** This thread discusses the article: Best of TechTips: Build Web Pages with RPG and CGIDEV2 **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Best of TechTips: Build Web Pages with RPG and CGIDEV20

** This thread discusses the article: Best of TechTips: Build Web Pages with RPG and CGIDEV2 **
    Most shops were I work still use RPG III because of it simplicity against RPG IV. That've keep me from honing my skills in RPG IV

Comment

Comment

Using CRTBNDRPG, the compile listing shows the message "Errors were found during the binding step. See the job log for more information." Looking in the joblog I see messages like "Definition not found for symbol 'GETHTML'." I get the same error for UPDHTMLVAR & WRTSECTION. Am I doing something wrong here?

Comment

1. Remove the H-spec from GETCUS (otherwise step 2 will fail). 2. Use CRTRPGMOD (PDM opt. #15) to compile GETCUS. 3. Use CRTPGM to bind module GETCUS with service program CGISRVPGM2 into program GETCUS. Use the BNDSRVPGM parameter.

Comment

But may I take the opportunity to STRONGLY SUGGEST that your shop May I STRONGLY suggest as a first step, converting to the RPGIV syntax. There are SO SO MANY MULTITUDES of juicy things that make programming MUCH simpler. Learn a little, get back a LOT. More space for meaningful field names, qualified data structures, LIKEDS, and wow! free format with indentation, and way more! And though there's a bit of a learning curve investment for using service programs, there's a pretty quick return on the investment there, it's really worth it!

Comment

There really is no excuse for not using RPG IV.
                [*]The CVTRPGSRC command makes conversion easy, simple and pain-free.[*]You can use as much RPG III in your RPG IV program as you like.[*]It is harmless - Conversion to RPG IV will not hurt your programs or your systems.[*]The benefits have already been outlined a thousand times in these fora. All you need to do is take the first step.[/list]Dave

Comment

RPG IV has been around since 1995. When will you get on board? You don't need to use ILE features. Just the date/time/string opcodes are worth it! Chris

Comment

That's true, Dave and Chris, but questioner should at least be aware we're in a thread about a service program which does require ILE. rd

Comment

Working...
                  X