• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More About RPG iSockets

** This thread discusses the article: More About RPG iSockets **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: More About RPG iSockets **

More About RPG iSockets

Bob, The comment made about your last iSockets article was in my opinion degraded by the guy who was quick to say "Isn't your code an example of the "Not Invented Here" syndrome?" It reminds me of the young up and coming guru's who are so quick to say the iSeries is a dinosaur and should be put out to pasture. These are the same guys who love babysitting a huge room full of servers. It seems to me that if you don't understand a technology or what it is capable of then don't say anything and avoid looking like a fool. I believe in using the best tool for the job. Anyway, what’s wrong with taking a piece of code and improving it? Where would we be if people with imagination and vision did not act to improve the original ideas of their peers? Bob, I have been around for a long time and I do remember DSPDBF and Q38TEXT. I admire that you have tried to make the community that uses this IBM technology a better place. The iSockets procedures work great. Bob, you rock! P.S. A library of tools that does what IBM’s QZRDSSRV sockets library would be awesome. IBM’s QZRDSSRV sockets library is over $10,000…Ouch! Gus DiStasi

Comment

More About RPG iSockets

Where can I find the docs for QZRDSSRV? I've not heard of it before. And thanks for the kind words! -Bob

Comment

More About RPG iSockets

Here is the link you want. http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserve.../qzrdssrv.html Gus

Comment

Working...
        X