Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Mix Override Metaphors

** This thread discusses the article: Don't Mix Override Metaphors **
    This is a discussion about Don't Mix Override Metaphors.

Click here for the article.

Don't Mix Override Metaphors

I had a problem with this when using an FTP command from a CLLE program. I reverted back to CLP to fix it.

Comment

You should use OVRSCOPE(*CALLLVL), which causes the override to behave exactly as it did on the System/38 and in the OPM environment on the AS/400. The override applies to all programs in the stack called subsequently to the program that issues the override (regardless of whether it is OPM or ILE), and the override is removed when the program that issued it ends. This sounds exactly what you are wishing for. We changed the default on all of our override commands to this and changed the default on the LVL parameter of the DLTOVR command to *, which is the equivalent. This way we don't run into the problem that you ran into. We've been doing this for about nine years, since we converted all of our RPGIII code to RPGIV. We have a program that we run after an OS upgrade that changes the defaults so that we don't miss any.

Comment

From what I understand using OVRSCOPE(*ACTGRPDFN) gives the behavior suggested by Cozzi at the end of the article. What's the difference between OVRSCOPE(*ACTGRPDFN) and Cozzi's suggestion OVRSCOPE(*ACTGRPJOB)? Jorge

Comment

Working...
        X