Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is RPG IV Consistent for You?

** This thread discusses the article: Is RPG IV Consistent for You? **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Is RPG IV Consistent for You? **

Is RPG IV Consistent for You?

If you want a consistent teaching experience, just teach at the V5R1 level. Don't introduce new features. This will simulate what you're asking for, and that is to make changes more infrequently. The only problem you may have is that some rogue students might learn that there are features that you didn't introduce, but I don't think you should ask IBM to withhold this stuff to make this scenario easier. On the later point, I'll agree that it would be nice if previous versions of the compiler would be updated to allow these changes, but I suspect that IBM is wary of breaking an existing compiler. The outcry would be deafening.

Comment

Is RPG IV Consistent for You?

Strongdl, I agree with what you're saying, however most clients want training at their OS/400 level. Granted a brief discussion may be in order to decide what release they want to learn about--but most people usually want the latest and greatest stuff. On breaking existing compilers... Perhaps, but if they built and maintained their compiler to V5.1 or whatever, and shipped that same compiler rather than ones specific to each and every release, then that would solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X