Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling a PC Application from RPG

** This thread discusses the article: Calling a PC Application from RPG **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Calling a PC Application from RPG **

Re:Calling a PC Application from RPG

When calling this program, I receive a message that the program cannot resolve object QDCRDEVD. Service program QDCRDEVD is authorized *USE for *PUBLIC. Are there certain compile parameters which should be observed for this program? Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, On the session that you are attempting to run the application, could you execute the following command to see if the *PGM object is found? wrkobj qdcrdevd I see the object located in the QSYS library.

Comment

Object found type *SRVPGM. No problem there. Dave

Comment

What OS version are you currently on? I am currently running on V5R4. ILE APIs are contained in service programs, but usually have a program interface bound to them. Could you tell me which library you found the *SRVPGM in and if you do not see a *PGM object?

Comment

I am also on V5R4. The *SRVPGM object is in QSYS. There is no *PGM object. Dave

Comment

Maybe, instead of ExtPgm, you could use ExtProc and use a callp. Or you could bind the service program and call the procedure.

Comment

O.K. one incorrectly typed letter, and the whole thing gets nasty. But I found the problem, and it is working well now. Thanks for the tip. Dave

Comment

Excellent! I am glad you figured it out!

Comment

Are you going to have future articles on points 2 and 3? I have this working on our system but it only works with Windows 2000. I can't seem to make it work with Windows XP and was hoping you have some insights. Jim

Comment

Hi Jim, Absolutely! I am glad to see you are looking forward to it! The CCSID tip is used with the next step and it would have been too much ground to cover in one tip. So, the next tip will be back on track and refer to this tip as well. But, this may be the answer to your question. The only XP specific comment in this series is that you need to take care of the firewall. So, on your XP machine, execute this and try again.
                      Code:
                      Netsh firewall add allowedprogram “C:WINDOWSCWBRXD.EXE” “iSeries Access Incoming Remote Command server”
                      If this is not your answer, I hope the upcoming tips will fill in the blanks. Enjoy, Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X