Use Advanced C Function to Find Distance Between Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Advanced C Function to Find Distance Between Cities

** This thread discusses the article: Use Advanced C Function to Find Distance Between Cities **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Use Advanced C Function to Find Distance Between Cities **

Re:Use Advanced C Function to Find Distance Between Cities

** This thread discusses the article: Use Advanced C Function to Find Distance Between Cities **
    Being resonable....This is just a simplified formula to retrieve approximate miles and is sufficiently accurate for many applications. There are many ways to calculate miles (Google it). I have been using this program for years and it’s proven to work for approximate miles only. As far as the decimal places. If you want, you can add more decimals to the math. It will not make any difference unless you are going to the tenth/hundredth of the mile. Even if you want to do that this is not the application for that. This program is approximate miles only. As far as editing before this was posted. I had a colleague of mine double check the math before this program was even put into production. If you have anymore questions please email me and I can explain further. Thanks

Comment

Re:Use Advanced C Function to Find Distance Betwee

Hi Ron, I think you should be using half-adjust for all the calculations. I've always wondered why "they" didn't make RPG default to doing half-adjust. I would have thought that for most calculations, it would be more usual to round than to truncate.

Comment

Working...
      X