Practical RDPi: Supercharge Your Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practical RDPi: Supercharge Your Editor

** This thread discusses the article: Practical RDPi: Supercharge Your Editor **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Practical RDPi: Supercharge Your Editor **

** This thread discusses the article: Practical RDPi: Supercharge Your Editor **
    Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately, WDSC does not support the wheel events. That got added in RDi. WDSC does, however, support clicking the wheel. You can set up mouse events like this: "2-pressed.1" for filterSelection and "2-pressed.2" for showAll. What this will do is make it so that when you click the wheel once (provided your mouse wheel is clickable!) it will filter the source, and then when you double-click the wheel, it will show everything (remove the filter).

The event naming confused me a bit; I thought left would be button 1, right would be button 2 and then the middle if you had one would be button 3 (so as to be consistent among mice with different numbers of buttons), but evidently they simply number left to right: 1, 2, 3. Try that out and see what it does. And then start lobbying to move to RDPi!!

Comment

Wow, it sure took me a long time to respond. I tried what you said right away and it's been working great. It dramatically cuts the time it takes to search through source code.

As far as lobbying to move to RDPi, i have seen that the offering now is Rational Development for Power Systems v8.0. I would like to download the trial, but have not been able to find anything on how or if it will coexsist with WDSC 7.0. Can you shed some light on this please? Also, how can I get a price quote from IBM on this product?

Thanks, Ken

Comment

Originally posted by krossetti@medline.com View Post
        As far as lobbying to move to RDPi, i have seen that the offering now is Rational Development for Power Systems v8.0. I would like to download the trial, but have not been able to find anything on how or if it will coexsist with WDSC 7.0. Can you shed some light on this please? Also, how can I get a price quote from IBM on this product?
        Go ahead and download the trial, it coexists fine with WDSC. You'll be able to run either one (or if have a lot of memory, you can run both at the same time!). Pricing comes from your business partner, but should be on the order of $700 a seat.

Joe

Comment

Working...
        X