A Close Study of i5/OS Machine Interface (MI) Pointers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Close Study of i5/OS Machine Interface (MI) Pointers

** This thread discusses the article: A Close Study of i5/OS Machine Interface (MI) Pointers **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: A Close Study of i5/OS Machine Interface (MI) Pointers **

** This thread discusses the article: A Close Study of i5/OS Machine Interface (MI) Pointers **
    Originally posted by defimov@yahoo.com View Post
    I there a way to reconstruct valid space pointer from materialized description?
    The materialized information of a space pointer (SPP) mainly consists of the following two parts:

- symbolic ID of the target MI object

- offset into space

IMHO, under a couple of prerequisites, you can "reconstruct" a valid SPP by the following steps:

- resolving the system pointer (SYP) to the target MI object via the "symbolic object-ID" by using the RSLVSP instruction

- obtaining the SPP to the associated space of the target MI object using the SETSPPFP instruction upon the SYP

- set the offset into the space object via the "offset into space"

The prerequisites are:

- The target MI object can be resolved by the symbolic object-ID. For example, a space object whose addressability is not inserted into a context can not be resolved by the RSLVSP instruction.

- You can issue the SETSPPFP instruction on the resolved SYP successfully. For example, issuing SETSPPFP in a user state thread upon a system domain object will raise the Domain Violation (hex 4401) exception.
    Last edited by Guest.Visitor; 04-09-2011, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X