Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.Koontz
    replied
    I woudl rather not do that. Not a fan of those kind of solutions. Thanks anyway.

Leave a comment:

• spitcher
    Guest replied
    Easy

For quick and dirty, just create a simple macro in i Access for Windows to automatically press the F5 key.

Leave a comment:

• R.Koontz
    replied
    It sitll will not work.. I got it to work with a regular screen but a subfile is where I need it to work.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• johnhester67
    replied
    Hi Ron,

Here is how I do it.

In the DDS source
    Add the file level INVITE keyword.

A DSPSIZ(24 80 *DS3)
    A INVITE

Compile the display file with WAITRCD(x) where x is the number of seconds you want to wait automatically before refreshing the screen.

In the RPG source
    On the F spec for the display file add the keyword maxdev(*FILE)

You cannot use EXFMT, so you need to do a WRITE record name followed by a READ(e) file name in your do loop.

So the code would look something like this with a file called dtaqout that contains a record format named getrec.

Fdtaqoutd CF E maxdev(*FILE)

/free
    dou *in03 ;
    write getrec;
    read(e) dtaqoutd;
    enddo;
    /end-free

Regards

John

Leave a comment:

• R.Koontz
    started a topic Refresh Interactive Screens

Refresh Interactive Screens

Anyone know of any way to refresh an interactive screen automatically? Example.. user is sitting on a screen thet they monitor all day and can take options to orders. I want this to refresh so it updates the data all the time. Is there any "special" feature that can basically hit a function key or enter key to refresh it? The way i see it is its interactive and is relying on the user to press some key. I want to code around that if I can. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Ron
Working...
X